PAGE in progress....
"The site is very textual in the presentation of information, some information is not presented in laymen's terms, causing some users difficulty in understanding the information presented on a topic. Sometimes the law is quoted leaving people confused about what exactly it means for the user and their personal situation."
None at present, research ongoing.
UX Case Study
The site is an essential information service to the people of Ireland provided by the government. People go to the site for clarification on employment issues, Money advice, accessibility information. The mandate of the Citizens information site gives a definitive overview of the services provided by the site. I wonder if users actually engage with it the site fully, do they actually know all the services the site provides? Does the amount of text on a particular topic negatively affect user experience online with a specific focus on the mobile version of the site.
WHAT QUESTIONS ARE WE ASKING USERS to clarify?
Can the user access the information they require?
Can they navigate to the information, easily?
Can they navigate to the information, quickly?
Is the experience frustrating?
What steps does a user take if they cannot access information?
What is the quality of the information?
Is the information easily assimilated by the user?
What improvements could be made overall on the desktop site?
What improvements could be made overall for the Mobile site?
1. User Experience Site Evaluation
2. Survey to further clarify user pain points and site issues
3. Create user personas
4. Storyboard a user journey that is representative of user experience
5. Present initial findings to stakeholders and discuss next steps
6. Basic Wireframe of potential solution for user testing taking one particular topic.
7. Remote testing, setting specific user tasks with a variety of user groups.
8. Feedback on 1st iteration and discussion with stakeholders.
9. Second iteration and user feedback, confirmation of changes to be implemented overall.
In a real world situation, I would gather all past user research and site information from company stakeholders for assessment.