PAGE in progress....
DCC Sports & FITNESS
"Dublin City Council Gym site is clearly old and based on a specific template and so each district is restricted in it's online promotion of the services and facilities. In terms of being a flexible site that will offer a new type of service during cover-19 I cannot see that this site will adapt very well. "
None at present, research ongoing.
UX Case Study
Attracting new custom to DCC gyms is essential in the long term plans of the government in that the healthier the populace the less stress on the hospital services. The user experience of this site should encourage and excite the user about the services offered by DCC gyms. The website falls down completely and it is clear that the design of the site is old with restrictive templates. A modernised approach would benefit overall the site and the community.
WHAT QUESTIONS ARE WE ASKING USERS to clarify?
Can the user access the information they require?
Can they navigate to the information, easily?
Can they navigate to the information, quickly?
Is the experience frustrating or negative?
What steps does a user take if they cannot access information?
What is the quality of the information?
Is the information easily assimilated by the user?
Would a class booking system be of benefit to members?
What improvements could be made overall on the desktop site?
What improvements could be made overall for the Mobile site?
1. User Experience Site Evaluation - Think Aloud Sessions
2. Survey to further clarify user pain points and site issues
3. Create user personas
4. Storyboard a user journey that is representative of user experience
5. Present initial findings to stakeholders and discuss next steps
6. Basic Wireframe of potential solution for user testing taking one particular topic.
7. Remote testing, setting specific user tasks with a variety of user groups.
8. Feedback on 1st iteration and discussion with stakeholders.
9. Second iteration and user feedback, confirmation of changes to be implemented overall.
In a real world situation, I would gather all past user research and site information from company stakeholders for assessment.