PAGE in progress....
"Good visual improvements have been made on this site in recent times however some pages are still text heavy with an overload of information which negatively effects user experience."
None at present, research ongoing.
UX Case Study
The site is an essential information service to the people of Ireland provided by the government. People go to the site for information on health services. As with government sites in general, explanations of varying topics tend to be text heavy. For the purpose of assessing the site I will focus on the process of applying for a Medical Card.
WHAT QUESTIONS ARE WE ASKING USERS to clarify?
Can the user access the information they require?
Can they navigate to the information, easily?
Can they navigate to the information, quickly?
Is the experience frustrating?
What steps does a user take if they cannot access information?
What is the quality of the information?
Is the information easily assimilated by the user?
What improvements could be made overall on the site?
1. User Experience Evaluation - Think Aloud
2. Survey to further clarify user pain points and site issues
3. Create user personas
4. Storyboard a user journey that is representative of user experience
5. Present initial findings to stakeholders and discuss next steps
6. Basic Wireframe of potential solution for user testing taking one particular topic.
7. Remote testing, setting specific user tasks with a variety of user groups.
8. Feedback on 1st iteration and discussion with stakeholders.
9. Second iteration and user feedback, confirmation of changes to be implemented overall if required.
In a real world situation, I would gather all past user research and site information from company stakeholders for assessment.